Committee named to lead search for IU vice president and chief financial officer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- A committee at Indiana University has been appointed to identify candidates for the position of vice president and chief financial officer.
Idalene “Idie” Kesner, dean of the IU Kelley School of Business and the Frank P. Popoff Chair of Strategic Management, will chair the committee, which was appointed by IU President Michael A. McRobbie.
The new vice president and chief financial officer will succeed MaryFrances McCourt, who is leaving IU to become the University of Pennsylvania’s vice president for finance and treasurer.
IU trustees approved the appointment of Joan Hagen, associate vice president and university controller, as acting CFO, beginning March 21.
“We have benefited greatly from MaryFrances’ deep understanding of higher education finance and appreciate her superb service to Indiana University,” McRobbie said.
“Finding someone who will continue the momentum from her decade of solid fiscal leadership will be crucial, and I am delighted that Dean Kesner and others on the committee have agreed to devote themselves to this important task. I look forward to a successful completion of this search.”
The committee includes representatives of faculty, staff and students at IU Bloomington, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and IU’s regional campuses. In addition to Kesner, they include:
- Stephen Bogdewic, executive vice dean, Dr. George W. Copeland Professor of Family Medicine, IU School of Medicine
- Hannah Buxbaum, John E. Schiller Chair in Legal Ethics, IU Maurer School of Law; and academic director of IU Europe Gateway
- Charles Gallmeier, chair and chancellor's professor, Department of Sociology and Anthropology at IU Northwest; and president of the IU Northwest Faculty Organization
- John Grew, executive director of state relations and policy analysis, IU Office of the Vice President for Public Affairs and Government Relations
- John Hassell, professor of accounting and the OneAmerica Chair at the IU Kelley School of Business at IUPUI.
- John Lewis, associate vice president, IU Office of the Vice President for Capital Projects and Facilities
- Una Osili, professor of economics and director of research, the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at IUPUI
- Marisa Pratt, executive financial and operations officer, IU Office of the Vice President for Research
- Douglas Priest, associate professor emeritus of education, IU Bloomington
- Jean Robinson, associate executive dean, College of Arts and Sciences; professor of political science, IU Bloomington
- L. Jack Windsor, professor of biomedical and applied sciences, IU School of Dentistry, director of the Tobacco Cessation and Biobehavioral Signature Center.
- Kurt Zorn, professor of public and environmental affairs and associate vice provost for undergraduate education, IU Bloomington
- Maya Caine, William R. Fry Scholar, honors student, IU Kelley School of Business
- Wyatt Jackson, doctoral student, IU School of Education; and graduate assistant for the IUPUI vice chancellor for student affairs
- Jeffrey Holley, executive vice president and chief financial officer, OneAmerica
- Anna Jensen, chief accountant and managing director, IU Financial Management Services
- Ryan Kitchell, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Indiana University Health
Associate vice president, IU Communications
- Office 812-856-1172