Videoconferencing room systems offer Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
If you conduct classes or meetings from videoconference rooms, be aware of a few updates to the videoconferencing systems. Zoom and Microsoft Teams are available from videoconferencing rooms, but you may need to update recurring meetings with physical meeting rooms and Zoom/Teams links.
Be aware of a new Zoom feature that mutes upon entry when connecting from a conference room. If you joined a Zoom meeting using the conference room equipment, and you appear as unmuted and other people in the meeting cannot hear you, please follow these steps.
- Verify that the meeting host did not manually mute you.
- If the host did not mute you, you were likely muted upon entry to the meeting.
- On the touchscreen or number pad, press the # symbol then 1, and then 2.
- If you are still muted, contact Classroom Conferencing Support at 812-856-2020.
- The status light on the conference device may display green while muted. The light only indicates if the microphone on the conference device is active.
- For more, connect to Zoom from a videoconferencing room.
Connect to Microsoft Teams from a videoconferencing room