College of Arts and Sciences/Department of Geosciences
Professor Zoran Kilibarda’s research projects include Lake Michigan coastal dunes, Mesozoic carbonates of Montenegro, Cenozoic trace fossils of Montenegro and microplastics in beach sediments.
He has published more than 20 scientific papers in prestigious journals such as Aeolian Research, Geomorphology, Sedimentology and Sedimentary Geology. Many of his undergraduate students collaborated on various research projects and are co-authors in scientific papers and in conference presentations.
He received his B.A. and M.A. in geography at University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia, and earned his Ph.D. in geology at University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Areas of Expertise
Coastal dunes, karst geomorphology, aeolian sedimentology, trace fossils.
- “Dune Dynamics 2012: Along the Indiana Lake Shore with Zoran Kilibarda”
- “Dune Dynamics 2012: Introduction”
In the news:
- MyNorth.com, “National Park Week at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore”
- IU Northwest Newsroom, “IU Northwest geosciences undergrads rival nation’s best”
- The Times of Northwest Indiana, “IU Northwest geosciences professor to lecture”