During the week of Nov. 5 to 12, Indiana University campuses across the state will host a variety of events in honor of Veterans Day.
See what your campus is doing to celebrate and salute those who have served:
- IU Bloomington
Several events are planned Nov. 8 to 11 on the IU Bloomington campus to honor veterans:
- 6 p.m. Nov. 8: Union Board screening of “Almost Sunrise,” Whittenberger Auditorium
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9: Free veterans luncheon, hosted by Kelley MBA Veterans and sponsored by Eli Lilly, at the Godfrey Graduate and Executive Education Center
- 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 9: Wheelchair Basketball Demo Day, hosted by the Adaptive Sport Club at IU, The Warehouse at 1525 S. Rogers St.
- 6:30 p.m. Nov. 9: Union Board Veterans Day Banquet, Tudor Room at the Indiana Memorial Union
- 7:25 a.m. Nov. 10: Sunrise Flag Raising Ceremony, Franklin Hall flagpole
- 7 p.m. Nov. 10: Military Appreciation Men's Basketball Game, Assembly Hall
- 2 p.m. Nov. 11: Military Appreciation Women's Basketball Game, Assembly Hall
Several events are planned Nov. 8 to 11 on the IUPUI campus to honor veterans:
- 2 p.m. Nov. 8: VetForce Informational Interviews, Campus Center Room 268
- 10 a.m. Nov. 9: Military Culture Workshop with General Goodwin, Campus Center Room 305
- 11 a.m. Nov. 9: Veterans Day Ceremony, Campus Center Atrium
- 1 p.m. Nov. 9: Opening reception for the photograph exhibit, "Military Tattoos @ IUPUI" at the Cultural Arts Gallery in the Campus Center
- 7:30 a.m. Nov. 10: Veterans Day flag raising, Taylor Hall courtyard
- 2 and 7 p.m. Nov. 10: Showing of “Dunkirk,” Campus Center Theater
- 2 to 5 p.m. Nov. 11:Veterans Reclaim Armistice Day event, Herron Auditorium
- 2 p.m.: Veterans arts and resource fair in the lobby in front of the auditorium
- 3 p.m.: NPR host Steve Inskeep will moderate a panel of veterans who will talk on the theme of common decency
- 4 p.m.: The vendor fair will continue; Brian Turner, a panelist from the earlier discussion, will sell and sign his book
- IU East
IU East will hold a Veterans Day Ceremony and a moment of silence from noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 10 in front of Whitewater Hall, near the flagpole.
- IU Kokomo
IU Kokomo’s Student Veterans Organization will honor campus veterans with a ceremony at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 9 in front of the Main Building, near the flagpole.
- IU South Bend
IU South Bend will host a Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. Nov. 9 in the lobby of the Administration Building.
The event will honor student veterans and feature former Indiana governor and South Bend mayor Joe Kernan, who was held prisoner in the Vietnam War while serving as a pilot in the Navy. The ceremony will also include a color guard, choir and the induction of the Salutes South Bend Chapter into the National Veterans Honor Society.
A panel discussion including student veterans, faculty and a former administrator will follow the ceremony to discuss veteran issues.
The event is sponsored by the Office of Veteran Student Services and the Student Veterans Organization at IU South Bend.
- IU Southeast
IU Southeast will honor campus and community veterans with a bell-ringing ceremony at 10:45 a.m. Nov. 11 at the McCullough Plaza clock tower.