INDIANAPOLIS -- Priya Dave, a senior in the School of Liberal Arts from Greenwood, was named the Nelle Godio Most Outstanding Student at IUPUI for 2018. Dave and the top 10 undergraduates were recognized at the Top 100 Outstanding Students Recognition Dinner April 13.
Dave and the top 10 students were chosen by a panel of judges including IUPUI alumni, faculty and staff. Students are selected based on their record of scholastic achievement, cocurricular activities on campus, and civic and community service.
Nominated students must be degree-seeking juniors or seniors at IUPUI, have completed a minimum of 56 credit hours toward their degree program, and have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2.
The Top 100 Outstanding Students Recognition Dinner is sponsored by the IUPUI Alumni Council and the Student Organization for Alumni Relations, known as SOAR.
Dave will graduate with a degree in medical humanities and health studies. She is also a Bepko Scholar in the Honors College.
The top 10 students are:
- Sarah Bahr, School of Liberal Arts, senior; Brownsburg.
- Elyse Feder, School of Science, senior; Crown Point.
- Jacob Hamilton, School of Science, senior; Fishers.
- Hope Luker, School of Science, junior; Evansville.
- Amira Nafiseh, School of Science, junior; Fishers.
- Jordan Nelsen, School of Informatics and Computing, senior; Carmel.
- Kathryn Peterson, School of Engineering and Technology, senior; Fountaintown.
- Emily Sampson, School of Science, senior; Lawrenceburg.
- Kaylee Tutrow, School of Science, junior; Greenfield.
- Alyssa Wickham, School of Nursing, senior; Owensville.
Feder was named to the top-10 list for the second consecutive year. Bahr, Nafiseh and Wickham are also two-time honorees, having been named to the Top 100 a year ago.