SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Indiana University Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs John Applegate has appointed a committee to identify candidates for the position of chancellor for IU South Bend. Kathryn Cruz-Uribe, chancellor of Indiana University East, will lead the 13-member committee.
The committee will conduct a national search to replace IU South Bend Chancellor Terry L. Allison, who is leaving at the end of the month. IU South Bend Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Jann Joseph will serve as interim chancellor for the upcoming 2018-19 academic year.
Search committee members represent IU South Bend students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members. Members are:
- Chair: Kathryn Cruz-Uribe, chancellor, Indiana University East.
- Hope Smith Davis, interim dean and associate professor of secondary education/reading and literacy in the School of Education, IU South Bend.
- Rick Dennie, president of the Professional Staff Council and director of Student Support, IU South Bend.
- William Feighery, associate dean and professor of chemistry in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, IU South Bend.
- Carrie Lewis, president of the Biweekly Staff Council and general supervisor of Facilities Management, IU South Bend.
- Gail McGuire, professor of sociology and director of the Carnegie Engaged Campus Initiative in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, IU South Bend.
- Gail McGuire, associate professor of sociology and anthropology in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, IU South Bend.
- Susan Moore, department chair and professor of fine arts in the Ernestine M. Raclin School of the Arts, IU South Bend.
- Anurag Pant, associate professor of marketing in the Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics, IU South Bend.
- Alma Powell, retired director of curriculum and instruction for Elkhart Community Schools and member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors and IU South Bend Advisory Board.
- Kevin Schascheck II, undergraduate student body president, IU South Bend.
- Amish Shah, CEO of Kem Krest Inc. and member of the IU South Bend Advisory Board.
- Cynthia Sofhauser, associate professor in the School of Nursing and the Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences, IU South Bend.
- Susan Thomas, associate librarian and director of collection services at Schurz Library, IU South Bend.
- Sarah Booher (ex officio member), chief of staff in the Office of the Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs, Indiana University.
Indiana University South Bend is a regional campus of Indiana University serving more than 5,300 students in north central Indiana from its campus along the St. Joseph River.