BLOOMINGTON – Indiana University President Michael A. McRobbie will present the annual State of the University address at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, in President's Hall at Franklin Hall on the Indiana University Bloomington campus.
McRobbie is expected to discuss the university's progress toward goals and initiatives outlined in the university's Bicentennial Strategic Plan and preparations for IU's bicentennial celebration in 2019-20.
In keeping with the Faculty Constitution and IU tradition, the University Faculty Council invites the president to present a report on the state of the university each year. All members of the IU community and the general public are invited to view the address in person or via live-stream broadcasting at broadcast.iu.edu or on IU Bloomington Campus Cable Channel 51. A reception will follow the address.
McRobbie's address will also be available for viewing the following ways:
- Via live-stream broadcasting at broadcast.iu.edu.
- Live on IU Bloomington Campus Cable Channel 51.
- On tape delay at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, off-air on Digital Multicast Broadcast Channel WTIU-World 30.2, on Comcast/Xfinity Cable Channel 17, Channel 419 or Channel 1162 in Bloomington, or where available.
- On tape delay at 11 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, off-air on Digital Multicast Broadcast Channel WTIU-HD 30.1, on WTIU, on Comcast/Xfinity Cable Channel 5 or Channel 1030 in Bloomington, or where available.
- Via archived broadcast, available soon after the address, at broadcast.iu.edu.
McRobbie became IU's 18th president of Indiana University on July 1, 2007. As president, he has refocused IU around six Principles of Excellence: an excellent education, world-class research and scholarship, an outstanding faculty, enhanced international engagement, excellence in health sciences, and engagement.