Indiana University's open enrollment period is from Oct. 26 to Nov. 6. The enrollment period is earlier this year to accommodate the changes in IU's academic calendar due to COVID-19.
During the annual event, IU employees can make changes to their medical and dental insurance, add or remove eligible dependents, determine their needs for their Health Savings Account contribution, decide whether to save money through the Tax Saver Benefit plans, and review and change their supplemental AD&D insurance coverage.
Informational mailers were sent to all benefits-eligible employees at their home address earlier this month. Additional information is available from Human Resources. Though not sent via campus mail this year, the traditional informational Open Enrollment Guide is available digitally on the HR website.
No benefits fairs or on-campus presentations are planned because of COVID-19. Instead, HR will offer live webinars as well as an on-demand webinar. Employees can also contact askHR at 812-856-1234 or askHR@iu.edu with questions.
Health care coverage for employees who take no action during the open enrollment period will "roll over" into 2021, with the exception of the Tax Saver Benefit plan and the Tobacco-Free Affidavit premium reduction. Those benefits require an annual election to participate.
The university continues to take important measures to support IU employees and their families, including working to ensure that there are only minimal changes to benefits during this unprecedented time. Here's a look at what's changed for 2021:
Anthem PPO HDHP
- In-network: The deductible will increase to $1,700 for employee-only and $3,400 for all other coverage levels. The out-of-pocket maximum will increase to $3,400 for employee-only and $6,800 for all other coverage levels.
- Out-of-network: The deductible will increase to $3,400 for employee-only and $6,800 for all other coverage levels. The out-of-pocket maximum will increase to $6,800 for employee-only and $13,600 for all other coverage levels.
IU Health HDHP
- In-network: The deductible will increase to $2,700 for employee-only coverage and $5,400 for all other coverage levels. The out-of-pocket maximum will increase to $3,400 for employee-only coverage and $6,800 for all other coverage levels.
Health Savings Account
- The annual IRS contribution maximums will increase to $3,600 for employee-only coverage and $7,200 for all other coverage levels.
- There are no changes to the university's contribution to the HSA in 2021.
Tax Saver Benefit plan
- Healthcare Spending Account: The annual IRS contribution maximum will increase to $2,750, and up to $550 in funds can roll over to the following year.
All employees will receive new medical ID cards for 2021. They should arrive via mail at their home address before the holidays.
There will be an overall 6 percent increase in employee contributions across all salary bands and medical plans. The IU Dental Plan isn't changing, but there is an overall 1.1 percent increase in employee contributions across all salary bands. Additional information about medical and dental premiums are available from HR's website.