Editors: A schedule of the Business Outlook Panel's appearances around the state is below. Arrangements have been made for media -- including television and radio stations -- covering the Indianapolis presentation. Media wishing to cover other panel events should check with local sponsors.
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- The Indiana University Kelley School of Business will present its 2022 economic forecasts for the nation, Indiana and communities across the state beginning with a presentation Nov. 4 in Indianapolis.
In addition to presenting the annual Business Outlook forecast, IU Kelley School faculty will be joined at the Indianapolis presentation by Anita Williams, chair of the Indy Black Chamber of Commerce. The Kelley Outlook: Indianapolis will begin at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 4 at the Crowne Plaza Downtown/Union Station hotel.
"The Kelley School wants to help Hoosier businesses understand this uncertain economy and make smart decisions for 2022," said event moderator Phil T. Powell, associate dean of Kelley academic programs at Indianapolis and a clinical associate professor of business economics and public policy. "Our Business Outlook Panels bring together our faculty with community business leaders to make sense of what is ahead.
"The forecasts and information we provide deliver upon Indiana University's mission to drive economic development and make our communities globally competitive."
Kyle Anderson, clinical assistant professor of business economics and faculty chair of the Evening MBA Program; Russell Rhoads, associate clinical professor of financial management; and Jennifer Lynn Rice, senior lecturer of business economics and public policy, will present Kelley's annual forecast. Williams will discuss the local forecast.
The Kelley School of Business has presented the annual Business Outlook forecast around the state since 1972, based on research from its Indiana Business Research Center. The center has provided crucial economic information needed by many Indiana businesses, government and nonprofit organizations since 1925. The forecast draws upon econometric models developed by the Center for Econometric Model Research and the insights of a select panel of Kelley faculty members led by Indiana Business Research Center co-directors Carol Rogers and Timothy Slaper.
After the Indianapolis event, Kelley faculty will present their forecast in nine other cities around the state, where they will be joined by local panelists from other IU campuses and other universities, offering perspectives on the global, national, state, and local economies and financial markets. The tour is sponsored by the Kelley School of Business, the Kelley School of Business Alumni Association, the IU Alumni Association, IU campuses and numerous community organizations.
Indiana Business Outlook Tour schedule:
- When: 7:30 a.m. Nov. 4.
- Where: Pennsylvania Station Room, Crowne Plaza Downtown/Union Station, 123 W. Louisiana St.
- Cost: $30 for individuals. A table for 10 people can be reserved for $250, and half tables are available for $125.
- Registration: Register for the Indianapolis event online. Advance registration is encouraged.
- Contact: Amber Richards in the Kelley School of Business Office of Development and Engagement at 812-855-6340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 8.
- Where: Nugent-Custer Performance Hall and Upper Lobby of The Commons, 300 Washington St.
- Cost: $25 per person or $500 for a table of eight.
- Sponsors: Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce, Centra Credit Union, Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus Division of Business.
- Registration: Register on the Columbus Chamber of Commerce website.
- Contact: Kami Adams at the Columbus Chamber of Commerce, email@example.com.
- When: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 9.
- Where: Alumni Hall, Indiana Memorial Union, 900 E. Seventh St.
- Cost: $20 (hybrid event, with virtual option at no cost).
- Sponsors: Bloomington Rotary Club and the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce.
- Registration: Register on the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce website.
- Contact: Joy Brown at the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org or or 812-336-6381.
- When: 7:30 a.m. Nov. 10.
- Where: IU East Vivian Auditorium, Whitewater Hall, 2325 Chester Blvd.
- Cost: Free.
- Sponsor: Kelley School of Business, IU East School of Business and Economics, IU Alumni Association East Region.
- Registration: Register for the Richmond event through Eventbrite.
- Contact: Terry Wiesehan, 765-973-8221 or email@example.com.
- When: 7:30 a.m. Nov. 12.
- Where: University Grill, 1700 Mishawaka Ave.
- Cost: Free.
- Sponsors: 1st Source Bank and Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics, IU South Bend.
- Registration: Required; register for the South Bend event through Eventbrite.
- Contact: Kathi Highland, 574-520-4487 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 12.
- Where: Teibel's Restaurant, 1775 Route 41.
- Cost: $20, salad bar only; $25 for the perch meal.
- Sponsors: Lake County Advancement Committee, Calumet College of St. Joseph and IU Northwest School of Business and Economics.
- Registration: Required; register by emailing Linda Gajewski at email@example.com or Ester Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: 8:30 a.m. Nov. 15.
- Where: IU Southeast, Hoosier Room, University Center North, 4201 Grant Line Road.
- Cost: $25 per person or $175 for a table of eight.
- Sponsors: IU Southeast School of Business and First Harrison Bank.
- Registration: Register on the IU Southeast website.
- Contact: Brittany Schmidt at 812-941-2664 or email@example.com.
- When: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 16.
- Where: Anderson Country Club, Stillwell Room, 602 Northshore Blvd.
- Cost: $15.
- Sponsor: Anderson Rotary Club.
- Contact: Janet Brewer, 765-641-4272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: 7:30 a.m. Nov. 17.
- Where: Kelley Center Room 130, 2300 S. Washington St.
- Cost: $20.
- Sponsor: IU Kokomo School of Business.
- Registration: Register for the Kokomo event online.
- Contact: Terri Butler, 765-455-9275 or email@example.com.
- When: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 18.
- Where: Klubhaus 61, Alpine Room, 2031 Newton St.
- Cost: $30 for individuals. Sponsorships are also available.
- Sponsor: Rotary Club of Jasper.
- Registration: Register by emailing Derek Budd at Eagle Crest Financial at firstname.lastname@example.org